Reading Literature – 4th Grade
Key Ideas and Details
Refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
Drawings and equations help us solve word problems in situations involving equal groups, arrays, and measurement quantities.
Understanding the context and actions of a story problem helps us to interpret and represent mathematical equations.
Student Knowledge Goals
- I know details and examples from text should be used as evidence to support inferences I make when reading the text.
- I can use my own experiences and details from the text to make an inference.
- I know text contains explicit and implicit information.
- I know explicit information is stated directly in the text and can be used to help me find an answer.
- I know implicit information is not stated in the text, but draws upon my own experiences and clues from the text that will help me draw a conclusion.
- I know how to choose details and examples from the text that will help me make an inference.
ReadWorks– Identify and describe the difference between explicit information and drawing conclusions.
ReadWriteThink – Define and understand the types of QARs, answer literal and inferential questions, and identify where the answers were found.
Teacher’s Cafe – Interpret the unknown in division using the array model.
Learn Zillion Lesson Day 1 – text-dependent questions to be explored in the lesson along with supporting graphic organizers
Student Video Lessons
Learn Zillion – Draw inferences about a character by linking character words and actions from the text
Learn Zillion – Locate evidence by skimming the entire text and marking related sentences.
Learn Zillion – Select the best answer by weighing the evidence
Represent and solve problems involving multiplication and division
Assessment Task 2
Assessment Task 3
Assessment Task 4
Assessment Task 5
Assessment Task 6
Assessment Task 7
Assessment Task 8
Assessment Task 9
Assessment Task 10
Assessment Task 11
Performance Task 1
Performance Task 2